Choose the right heating and air conditioning system for your home and you’ll save money upfront, recuperate your investment through lower energy bills or both. Our HVAC buying guides, brand comparisons, product feature explanations and FAQs help you understand why the right furnace, central heat and ac or mini-split zoned system impacts more than your bank account. Learn how to make your indoor air healthy, customize your comfort and then protect your investment with easy maintenance.
Whether it’s HVAC basics you’re after or you’d like to be the most informed online shopper EVER, our growing library will keep you on the cutting edge. Stay current on HVAC technology and incentives like tax rebates for energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly systems.
- Mar 11, 2021 DUCTLESS MINI-SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER INSTALLATION GUIDE Choose a location for the outside condenser unit. The condenser unit contains the compressor and needs to be located on a level surface at least a foot away from the exterior of your home. Install a concrete pad that is level for the best results. Set the condenser unit on the concrete pad according to manufacturer directions. Read more
- Mar 11, 2021 FIVE SIGNS YOU NEED A NEW FURNACE Know the signs you need a new furnace. Don't rush and pay too much and even worse, don't take the risk of having an improperly working furnace in ... Read more
- Mar 09, 2021 Five Tips: Getting Ready For Heating & Furnance Season Summer is ending and your focus is probably turning inward as you prep for the colder months. Introspection brings home to mind … so what better time than the present to Get Your House in Order, both literally and figuratively. Here’s what you can do to stay warm and cozy while... reducing energy costs Read more
News & Updates
- Mar 11, 2021 HOW TO SELECT THE RIGHT RECOVERY VENTILATOR The climate conditions where you live will determine whether you need a Heat Recovery Ventilator or an Energy Recovery Ventilator. HRV's are usually recommended for colder climates with longer heating seasons. ERV's are used for warmer, more humid climates with longer cooling seasons. See map for reference. Read more
- Mar 11, 2021 WHERE TO INSTALL INDOOR AND OUTDOOR DUCTLESS AC UNITS Check list for optimal location of indoor fan coil Read more
- Mar 11, 2021 FIVE TIPS: GETTING READY FOR HEATING & FURNACE SEASON Summer is ending and your focus is probably turning inward as you prep for the colder months. Introspection brings home to mind … so what better t... Read more
- Mar 09, 2021 FAQ-Choosing Central Ducted Air Conditioning Replacing or installing a new ducted central air conditioning system is an important capital investment in your home. Of course, your personal comfort is important, but air conditioning also impacts your energy bills and your indoor air quality. This Frequently Asked. Questions (FAQ)... guide helps you make an informed buying decision. Read more